Basic Steps of the LANAP® Protocol
The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is a gentle Tupelo gum disease treatment from Dr. Michael Robertson that doesn’t hurt or require a lengthy recovery. This minimally invasive procedure will stop bleeding gums and other symptoms patients commonly experience with gum disease.
Tupelo gum disease treatment is fast and doesn’t require a general anesthetic. One session takes just two hours. Recovery is also fast. Most patients who have LANAP® in Tupelo for gum disease treatment are able to return to work or other activities within 24 hours or less!
The Step by Step LANAP® Tupelo Gum Disease Treatment
1. Measuring gum pockets. The first step of a Tupelo gum disease treatment with Dr. Robertson is using a probe to find out how deep the gum pockets are and how much tissue has detached from the tooth roots.
2. Killing bacteria and diseased tissue. The revolutionary PerioLase® MVP-7 laser is now used to send pulses of light into the gum pockets to find and immediately remove diseased tissue and bacteria. The laser used during a Tupelo gum disease treatment is very precise and knows only to target bad tissue while leaving good tissue alone so it can reattach to the teeth’s roots.
3. Removing calculus. Getting rid of calculus (tarter) underneath the gum line is the next phase of a Tupelo gum disease treatment with Dr. Robertson. The laser is used to break up the deposits so they can be carried away with ultrasonic scalers.
4. Blood clotting. At this point, Dr. Robertson will use the laser to gently agitate some tissue, root and bone until the blood thickens and begins to clot. The clots are made to provide a clean protective barrier around teeth and encourage healing.
5. Compressing gum tissue. Now Dr. Robertson needs to compress the remaining soft tissue against the teeth roots where it will permanently fuse and become a healthy gum line again. No stiches or bandages are needed with a laser Tupelo gum disease treatment.
6. Adjusting the bite. Adjusting your bite is the last step and is necessary to endure your teeth are comfortable after the procedure. Stabilizing the bite is very important for patients who have lost some bone.
And that’s the LANAP® Tupelo gum disease treatment with Dr. Robertson. To stop bleeding gums and other symptoms of gum disease, please call us for an appointment.